|Project Title||SKILLS ADVANCEMENT IN EDUCATION – LEADERSHIP, EMPOWERMENT, MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR TEACHERS AND TEACHER-LEADERS|
|Financed by||British Council, in partnership with Ecorys UK – Ecorys UK|
|Coordinator||CREATE PARTNERSHIP TRUST, UK|
Skills advancement in education – leadership, empowerement, management skills for teachers and teacher-leaders.
SKILL-AED: THE PROJECT
Together with other four partners from the United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus, Progetto Marconi is part of the European project Skill-Aed (Skills advancement in Education – Leadership, Empowerement, Management Skills for Teachers and Teacher-Leaders).
Nowadays, teachers are expected to teach and simultaneously take on administrative roles, assisting principals and school staff in functions of the larger school system. Therefore, they need to develop more sophisticated management-oriented skills and collaborative practices to increase their preparation to manage their workload, while supporting younger colleagues in their professional growth and leading teams to work on school improvement and development.
The project will therefore involve 3 types of participants:
1) teachers and school managers in primary and lower secondary schools in need for professional guidance in terms of managerial and leadership skills, competences and knowledge, coming from the 4 participating countries.
2) Trainers and other professionals in charge for training and assisting the main target group.
3) School directors, peers of the target groups and main local stakeholders that will take part in the participated evaluation.
In order to promote skills-advancement in education, the project partners are developing:
- The Skill-Aed Training for Teachers eCourse, to help them develop crucial soft skills.
- The Effective Mentoring and Coaching e-Manual, containing techniques and tips about coaching and mentoring in education.
- The Participated Evaluation e-Manual with tools to be used during the candidates’ assessment process.
- The Trainers’ Training e-Course, for the trainers who will use the Skill-Aed programme.
- A Learning Platform to engage targets effectively in the learning process and create a collaborative environment for peer-support and cooperative learning.
The partners are committed to reaching the following objectives:
- Enlarge their training courses’ offer by developing and testing the Skill-AED program
- Design courses and contents aimed at improving teachers’ skills and competences such as time management, working in a delivery team, emotional intelligence (emotionally self-regulated and self-aware), business self-awareness, managing people and having difficult conversations with colleagues, leadership/ supervision skills, adaptability, problem solving, critical observation, using ICT as a development tool for their role, reporting and monitoring performance, strategic thinking.
- Raise awareness on the proposed training possibility for teachers and educators in the partners’ countries.
- Inform and engage local stakeholders in the project, promoting mutual support among higher education institutions at local and regional level.